Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Privacy API calls for Adobe Analytics always return success, even if customer didn't exist

Level 1

We currently call the privacy api deletion endpoint and then poll for status until we see the deletion has been completed.

We have noticed during testing that analytics returns "status": "complete" and "message": "success" regardless of whether a customer existed in the system prior to the deletion request, which is a concern for our data governance team.

Other products such as Target and Audience Manager, make this distinction by responding with status = complete but with the following additional detail:

• Audience Manager: "message": "Not applicable - Unable to resolve the user ids referenced in the request",  "responseMsgCode": "PRVCY-6052-200", "responseMsgDetail": "Unknown user IDs are not applicable for this product."
  • Target: "message": "Not applicable - user context not found"

Are there any plans to introduce this depth of information to the analytics product response?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I would suggest contacting Customer Care with the details of the request (endpoint/body/headers) so that this can be checked internally.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I would suggest contacting Customer Care with the details of the request (endpoint/body/headers) so that this can be checked internally.

Level 1
Thanks, that's where I started. They were able to confirm that what we've identified is the current expected response from adobe analytics to deletion requests through the privacy api. They suggested I post it here so it might be flagged for development with the analytics product team

Employee Advisor
Okay. I did not realized you already reached out to Customer Care. I would suggest posting the query to https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/idb-p/adobe-analytics-ideas. This forum is used by the product team to capture feedbacks from customers and implement new features/make changes in the upcoming releases.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?