Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

PowerBI Desktop / Adobe Analytics Connector - Date Granularity Issue

Level 2

Hi All,

When using PowerBi with the 2.0 (Beta) implementation for analytics, whenever I try to add "Year" from "Date Granularity" I am getting this error which seems to be saying that "Year" is a string (I can't see a method to change this either): 

alexjbaker11_1-1623168215095.png

Has anyone encountered this before?

5 Replies

Level 1

I encounter a similar problem. Is there any workaround for this?

Level 1
this should absolutely be fixed and should be part of the MVP, the 2.0 API is useless without it and shouldn't even be released in a beta without it

Level 1

If you have "day of year" as a dimension you can leverage that with YTD (or whatever period you need) segmentation applied.  You'll have to also build a fiscal calendar table to link "day of year" with an actual date. 

This worked on my end but it was very time consuming and doesn't feel like the most stable solution out there.

Level 1

Hi All, hi @alexjbaker11: I have got exactly the same problem here. Did you find a way out of it? Also the segment dimension doesn’t work right..

Level 2

This still seems to be unresolved. Having the same problem particularly with dates.