Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Power BI & Report Builder

Level 2

I'm looking to publish my formatted Report Builder tables to Power BI. This works - fantastic!

However, I want to be able to select which Power BI Workspace this dataset is published to - am I missing something here as I don't see an option.

Thanks,

Jack

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Jack,

If you want to move the Report builder tables to power BI use (Power Pivot add in) for more detail refer below link;

Get data using the Power Pivot add-in - Excel

In Power BI Desktop, you can connect to Adobe Analytics and use the underlying data just like any other data source in Power BI Desktop

1793279_pastedImage_2.png

Steps to connect refer below link;

Connect to Adobe Analytics in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Note: If you don't have Power BI, then your data get stored in Cloud (Maybe your customer data shared is not secured)

Please check the steps to share datasets in Power BI

Create and share datasets (Preview) - Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

and Use dataset across workspace in Power BI

Use datasets across workspaces (Preview) - Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Balaji

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Jack,

If you want to move the Report builder tables to power BI use (Power Pivot add in) for more detail refer below link;

Get data using the Power Pivot add-in - Excel

In Power BI Desktop, you can connect to Adobe Analytics and use the underlying data just like any other data source in Power BI Desktop

1793279_pastedImage_2.png

Steps to connect refer below link;

Connect to Adobe Analytics in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Note: If you don't have Power BI, then your data get stored in Cloud (Maybe your customer data shared is not secured)

Please check the steps to share datasets in Power BI

Create and share datasets (Preview) - Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

and Use dataset across workspace in Power BI

Use datasets across workspaces (Preview) - Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Balaji

Level 5

Hi Jack,

While publishing the report to Power BI, User needs to select the checkbox as given below and Label the Power BI name same as the dataset you have in Power BI.

1793281_pastedImage_0.png

In the Power BI tool

1793324_pastedImage_1.png

Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks,

Balaji

Level 2

Hi Balaji,

Yes I can do this. However I want to publish the dataset to a different Workspace I have access to in Power BI (not my personal one).

Do you know of a way of doing this?

Thanks,

Jack

Level 1

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Have you figured out a solution to this? 

Thanks,
Brendan

Level 5

Hi Jack,

From my understanding, we cannot publish the dataset to other account unless we have the destined Power BI workspace credential.

Below refer the screen below, If you want to publish to another user account then use the account credential while singning into Power BI account in the popup screen. by doing this you can do this.

1793325_pastedImage_0.png

else publish the dataset to your own account and you can share the dataset to the other Power BI account holders (Refer; Screenshot). check the link for more details Create and share datasets (Preview) - Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

1793326_pastedImage_2.png

Thanks,

Balaji

Level 6

Dear Jack,

Adding to Balaji_V​ comment, this may help you in future with desktop

Check details here: Connect to datasets in the Power BI service from Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Kumararaja K