Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Partitioning data

Level 2

dermatologydata.PNG

Hello,

I have a quick question about what is happening in the screenshot above.

I have built a segment that contains 9 different url paths. The segment is built with 'or' so it tracks whether the user goes to either of the declared URL's.

This shows the number of unique visitors, visits and page views.

The data in the dashboard when it is broken down from the segment to show the URLs does not add up to the aggregated total.

My question is can Adobe partition data? Because we are thinking that Adobe is breaking down the data by the UV/Visits by each url path so the overall total of the segment is less.

Does anyone have any idea if this is the case or any other ideas why this might be happening?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you're using an or in the segment, the difference would be people would match both is counted once, while if you separated them out, they would be counted once for each (twice total).

I'm not sure what you're saying by partitioning data. If you want them separated out, you could create a separate segment for each URL. You can also add additional breakdowns to find the data you're looking for.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you're using an or in the segment, the difference would be people would match both is counted once, while if you separated them out, they would be counted once for each (twice total).

I'm not sure what you're saying by partitioning data. If you want them separated out, you could create a separate segment for each URL. You can also add additional breakdowns to find the data you're looking for.