Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

PageName appended to URL string

christopher3655
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have identified a pageName and a page url that appear appended together ‘partner.cnn.com/mira-hong-konghttp://partner.cnn.com/mira-hong-kong'. Reviewing the console, it is capturing the pageName ‘partner.cnn.com/mira-hong-kong' and the URL separately.

Both strings are being captured in Adobe for the same timeline. So, one is not historical to the other.

How can I prevent the strings from appending? and causing a duplication. Results are double the volume of the correct url.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
Andrey_Osadchuk
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi Christopher,

You may want to check the Processing Rules. There may be a rule that overrides pageName with a merged value of pageName and pageURL.

Let me know the result.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Andrey_Osadchuk
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi Christopher,

You may want to check the Processing Rules. There may be a rule that overrides pageName with a merged value of pageName and pageURL.

Let me know the result.

View solution in original post

Gigazelle
Employee
Employee

The issue is almost guaranteed going to be in 1 of 3 places: Implementation, processing rules, or VISTA rules, the most likely being Processing Rules (as Andrey mentioned).

Let us know if you're able to find it, and we can explore some further edge-case scenarios.