Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Page Setup/Printing Options

Level 2

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding page setup/printing options. I really like the report layout in workspace. But I am not able to setup the printer correctly. I would like to have options like the dashboard layout and printing setup. Did I miss something?

Thanks for helping me

Juergen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes Juergen,

There are not currently much options to change the PDF layout which is mostly in the portrait format only. It might not suit some of the projects. The product team is continuously working on adding more features but it would be great if you could raise this request on our ideas exchange - http://ideas.omniture.com

Just create the request and get it upvoted with as many people u can. You can also post that link here.

Thanks,

Tanmay

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Juergen,

Welcome to the Analytics Community!

Can you tell me the steps you are taking to print and page setup? Are you referring to the page layout in the downloaded PDF file?

Level 2

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply. Yes, exactly. Usually I would use the dashboard reports for printing (if it is required). The dashboard provides enough options for the print layout to achieve a good result (page setup etc.).

Workspace provides really good elements to set up a "nice to read" report. Unfortunatelly the .pdf print version is crap imho.

Cheers, Juergen

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes Juergen,

There are not currently much options to change the PDF layout which is mostly in the portrait format only. It might not suit some of the projects. The product team is continuously working on adding more features but it would be great if you could raise this request on our ideas exchange - http://ideas.omniture.com

Just create the request and get it upvoted with as many people u can. You can also post that link here.

Thanks,

Tanmay

Level 2

Hi Tanmy,

thanks for your help and providing this information. Much appreciated! I´ll try to do so...

Cheers, Juergen

Level 2

I find that I have to manually set the page breaks. Since Adobe Reader doesn't let you insert a page break I copied entire PDF into excel as a Bitmap (Special Paste), then from there set the page breaks. This is only a workaround. Hopefully, Adobe Analytics can issue an enhancement to set custom page breaks before sending to PDF.

Level 10

weic80053184 wrote...

I find that I have to manually set the page breaks. Since Adobe Reader doesn't let you insert a page break I copied entire PDF into excel as a Bitmap (Special Paste), then from there set the page breaks. This is only a workaround. Hopefully, Adobe Analytics can issue an enhancement to set custom page breaks before sending to PDF.

Hi Wei, 

Analysis Workspace is deliberately designed to be "paperless" and not intended to be printed. I don't currently anticipate adding any built-in support to enable printing (i.e. PDF pagination)

Level 1

I get the part about trying to be paperless, but part of the problem here is that when the report is long, then you have two scroll bars to deal with on the right-hand side (in analysis workspace). This scroll within a scroll is horrible. It is difficult to maneuver, hence my desire to print long reports as pdf.