Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Override Last-Touch Channel

Level 2

I'm not clear when to activate the box or not. For Example:

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-10 a las 12.37.21.png

User: Direct > Botón CTA (Internal) > Purchase

For me, the last touch should be "Internal" and not "Direct"

For who activate the box "Override Last Touch"? For Direct? For Internal?

Thanks for your answers!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This box should be activated for the channel that shouldn't overwrite other channel. Consider this example: let's say a user visits your site using Paid Search (the last touch channel is set to Paid Search), the user navigates to different internal pages (last touch channel will override to Internal) and then makes a purchase. In this case, "Internal" channel will get a credit for purchase which won't be useful for any business. So, we will leave the box unchecked for "Internal" channel.

Generally, it's recommended that we leave the box unchecked for both "Internal" and "Direct" channel.

Given your example (and use case), you can check for both "Direct" and "Internal", however, I'd still recommend to leave those unchecked. So, if a user would have earlier come through SEO channel and today Direct > Botón CTA (Internal) > Purchase, the SEO channel gets credit.

Hope this makes sense!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This box should be activated for the channel that shouldn't overwrite other channel. Consider this example: let's say a user visits your site using Paid Search (the last touch channel is set to Paid Search), the user navigates to different internal pages (last touch channel will override to Internal) and then makes a purchase. In this case, "Internal" channel will get a credit for purchase which won't be useful for any business. So, we will leave the box unchecked for "Internal" channel.

Generally, it's recommended that we leave the box unchecked for both "Internal" and "Direct" channel.

Given your example (and use case), you can check for both "Direct" and "Internal", however, I'd still recommend to leave those unchecked. So, if a user would have earlier come through SEO channel and today Direct > Botón CTA (Internal) > Purchase, the SEO channel gets credit.

Hope this makes sense!