Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Overcome 1.4 API Real-Time limitations

Level 1

Hi all, I'm currently working on a project where we would like to be able to access Real-Time data involving 25 elements and 6 metrics.

Given the limitation of Real-Time reports to 9 elements and 3 metrics, what would be the best approach to overcome it?

Sticking to Real-Time reports, I see 2 possible ways:

1. define different report suites so that we have different reports to query;

2. dynamically use the SaveRealTimeSettings API to modify the settings and change elements and metrics as needed.

Given I have no experience with Adobe Analytics and the API I'm not sure if this ideas are feasible or totally wrong.

We are also considering to use the LiveStream API, but we are concerned on the fact that we would have massive amount of data to be aggregated, bringing too much overhead.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

1. Using different report suites means, you have copies of the same data in multiple report suites. This is not feasible. And even if you wish to copy the data to multiple report suites, you will be changed for the duplicate (secondary) server calls.

2. SaveRealTimeSettings seems to be the closest (I will not say the "best") solution. However, you should be aware saving the settings has some overhead time, I believe 10-12 minutes. So once you changed the settings, you will need to wait for 12 minutes before requesting for the real time data. Fortunately, you can go back up to 15 min, so I believe you will get all the data. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

1. Using different report suites means, you have copies of the same data in multiple report suites. This is not feasible. And even if you wish to copy the data to multiple report suites, you will be changed for the duplicate (secondary) server calls.

2. SaveRealTimeSettings seems to be the closest (I will not say the "best") solution. However, you should be aware saving the settings has some overhead time, I believe 10-12 minutes. So once you changed the settings, you will need to wait for 12 minutes before requesting for the real time data. Fortunately, you can go back up to 15 min, so I believe you will get all the data.