Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Option Click (Prop27)

Level 1

Hi, I am working on the click performance on the cart page and Prop27 is the dimension that I would like to utilize.

On the other hand, there are 3 types of Option Click (Prop27)
1. Option Click (p27) (prop27)

2. Exit Option Click (p27) (prop27)
3. Entry Option Click (p27) (prop27)

Thus, I would like to know what are the differences of these 3 and which type of dimensions should I select?

Thank you in advance!

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @JidapaCh 

to better understand your question, have you already implemented the tracking and want to know how analyze the data in your dashboard or do you need to get the data in first?

Do you need to understand how often an individual prop27 value was chosen as entry, option click/selection and exit value? Obviously, you will likely need to capture this explicitly as individual tracking calls.

if you do happen to have these calls in place already, why don't you assign individual events for the option entry/change/exit calls, and it would be easy to visualize in a table where prop27 is the dimension, listing individual values as rows, and as columns you can have the custom events.

But frankly, I am not sure whether this is a very sustainable implementation, since it will require a lot of server calls. My first question to your stakeholder would be "what are you trying to achieve?"

Maybe it would also work to persist the initial value of your option when the page loads, and upon submitting/leaving the step, track the old value and new value in prop27 e.g., "oldval -> newval"

The options that were chosen in between are likely not relevant anyway, but only what the user ended up choosing at the end?

Hope that helps.
Cheers from Switzerland!

Level 4

Hi @JidapaCh I would suggest to check Activity Map which provides several dimensions that you can use in Analysis Workspace

Refer this article https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/analyze/activity-map/overview 

Community Advisor

Though with activity map, you will not be able to send a prop as you intend to.

Also, not sure whether it will capture any kind of option changes. Sounds really a lot like a custom implementation that @JidapaCh  is trying to achieve

Hope that helps.
Cheers from Switzerland!

Level 5

Hi @JidapaCh 

Please find below the difference between all three and where can we use these dimensions.

Option Click (prop27) tracks all clicks on options within the cart page.

This is best used for a broad overview of how often visitors interact with options on the cart page.

Exit Option Click (prop27) tracks clicks on options that result in the visitor exiting the cart page. This helps identify which options might be associated with users leaving the page.

This is best useful for analyzing which options lead to exits, helping to identify potential issues or areas for improvement.

Entry Option Click (prop27) tracks clicks on options that occur when a visitor first enters the cart page. 

This is best helpful for understanding initial user engagement with options upon arriving at the cart page.

When to use: 

If you want an entire view of all user interactions: Use Option Click.

If you're focusing on issues related to users leaving the page: Use Exit Option Click.

If you're interested in how users interact with options right upon arrival: Use Entry Option Click.

Select the dimension based on the specific requirement that you have of a click performance you need to analyze. Generally, Option Click is usually the most comprehensive choice.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Community Advisor

Exit and Entry in this case are likely irrelevant. Basically, the "Entry" isn't even about entering the site, it's the first value in the visit tracked by your dimension... similar to "Exit" this is the last value in your dimension in the visit. (This is part of the old "pathing" reporting).