Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Omniture Event serialization

Level 1

Hi

We are trying to implement a custom unique-login metrics for our portal.

We want accurate data for this and since the out of box unique login depends on the visitorId cookie, it’s not reliable on some of our machines.

The same user can use different machines to login and can login multiple times in a day.

As part of the implementation, we have to discard multiple logins by the same user in a given day.

For this, we are trying to use Event serialization in omniture by following the below link:

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/event-serialization-inside-omniture-sitecatalyst/

We have modified an event(event32) in omniture to use eventId recording.

Went to the report suite -> modified the success event property -> Set Unique Event Recording of event32 to “Use Event ID”:

Here is the code snippet:

Method invoking the event

Method supplying data for the users randomly

var sendLoginEvent = function(e){

var loginIdn = 'kwd-login';

var date = getCurrentdate();//eg,08142014

var user = getUser();

var userData = user.split(':');

var evt = 'event32:'+userData[0]+date;//eg,user108142014

var concept = userData[1];

var role = userData[2];

s.linkTrackVars = 'prop26,events,eVar26';

s.linkTrackEvents = evt;

s.events = evt

s.prop26 = loginIdn;

s.eVar26 = loginIdn;

s.tl(true, 'o', concept+'['+loginIdn+']');//OG[kwd-login] or LH[kwd-login]       

}

var getUser = function(){

var conceptArr = ["user1:OG ","user2:OG ","user3:LH ",

"user4:EV ","user5:S52 ","user6:LH ","user7:OG ",

"user8:CG "];

concept = conceptArr[Math.floor(Math.random()*conceptArr.length)];

return concept;

}

We invoked the sendLoginEvent() multiple times.

Once the report is generated, when I try to query all the instances with prop26=kwd-login, I see duplicates for instances like OG[kwd-login] and LH[kwd-login] when, ideally, the count should be 3 and 2 respectively.

Questions:

Is the setup correct?

Is there anything else we need to do in the code?

Is there a different way to filter out serialized data in omniture?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Shidharth

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

Traffic variable cant be correlated with successes event and conversion variable. I recommend to store user login value in evar and a serialized event on successful login. Similar process for the logout too.

Try to capture submit button too which will give u data of how many people tried to login and how many of them logged in . it will provide you abandon rate.

Regards

Devinder

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

Traffic variable cant be correlated with successes event and conversion variable. I recommend to store user login value in evar and a serialized event on successful login. Similar process for the logout too.

Try to capture submit button too which will give u data of how many people tried to login and how many of them logged in . it will provide you abandon rate.

Regards

Devinder