Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

NS_BINDING_ABORTED while going to next page(on form.submit())

Level 1

Hello there ,

We have a requirement that gather all the data in page for tracking and fire adobe when we are naviagting to other page(technically while form.submit()).

when we do like that we are getting NS_BINDING_ABORTED since with in given time our request is not reaching Adobe server i hope.

It works if we give some delay before form.submit() but we are not allowed to increase any delay in naviagation.

Not sure how can we handle this?

Any idea will help us a lot.

Thank much in advance...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Check out this article on NS_BINDING_ABORTED specific to Adobe Analytics.

If the image request manages to at least be sent to Adobe data collection servers, they're fine. If you're moving on to a new page before the image request is successfully compiled and sent, you'll run into issues.

I'd recommend checking the reports to see if the data is making it. If it is, you don't need to worry about NS_BINDING_ABORTED. If you're not seeing all the data you'd expect, I'd recommend Eric's valid suggestions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 3

If you cannot accommodate any additional delay in your form.submit() call, then you will not be able to send the data in on this call via standard means. One potential workaround for this issue is to implement redirect tracking at the link level. Even though it was originally intended for use on mobile sites, it could potentially solve your problem here.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Check out this article on NS_BINDING_ABORTED specific to Adobe Analytics.

If the image request manages to at least be sent to Adobe data collection servers, they're fine. If you're moving on to a new page before the image request is successfully compiled and sent, you'll run into issues.

I'd recommend checking the reports to see if the data is making it. If it is, you don't need to worry about NS_BINDING_ABORTED. If you're not seeing all the data you'd expect, I'd recommend Eric's valid suggestions.