Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Not able to change dates

Level 1

Hello, 

I have a simple dashboard with multiple panels. I'm trying to adjust the date ranges so that they flow through all the different panels. The problem is, the date does not change for any of them. I've tried refreshing cache/clearing browser history and even duplicating the panel and changing but nothing seems to work. 

I've even had a colleague duplicate and change the dates but when I go to change the dates, it doesn't work. I know its not a permissions issue as I'm able to change the dates successfully on other dashboards. 

Any help troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

There could be several reasons why the date ranges are not updating in your Adobe Analytics dashboard. Here are some suggestions to help troubleshoot this issue:

Check Panel-level date ranges: Ensure that you are not using a fixed date range at the panel level. To do this, open each panel's settings by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner of the panel. If a specific date range is set for the panel, change it to "Use Workspace Date Range" to make sure it inherits the date range set at the workspace level.

Check Date Range Compatibility: Verify that the date ranges you are trying to apply are compatible with the panels in your dashboard. Some visualizations or metrics may not support certain date ranges, which could cause the date ranges to not update correctly.

Re-create the dashboard: If you still experience issues with the date ranges, consider creating a new dashboard from scratch and adding your panels to the new dashboard. This may help resolve any potential issues with the original dashboard.

Update Browser and Adobe Analytics: Ensure that you are using the latest version of your web browser and Adobe Analytics. Outdated versions may cause compatibility issues or bugs that affect the functionality of your dashboard.

Community Advisor

^ It does sound like the panel may have an overriding date range applied (either at the panel level, or in each table).

Custom Data ranges override the panel date range setting (this is so you can do things like add a time comparison to your report range for say the previous week, or month, or year, etc)... but if applied in certain ways, it will completely lock a report to a set range....