Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Next pages % adds up to more than 100$ in flow diagram

Level 1

When I use the flow diagram to see which pages users are going to next (from page name in centre), I would have thought the next pages % breakdown would all add up to 100% but it doesn't. Can somehow explain how to get an accurate picture of where users are going to?

tuproducer_0-1674612747507.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

By any chance do you have a segment applied to the panel that might be causing an issue...

I find it strange that there are entries, but no exits from your page in the middle... I suspect there are a number of users exiting the site from that page, but there is a segment applied that is preventing it from properly showing in the diagram?

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1674622393484.png

The little green spot at the top left of the page is entries, normally there should be a corresponding "exits"

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1674622462166.png

Update: I should add that a segment could be causing a lot of different oddities with how this is displaying... when I try this, my totals line up... so I don't think it's an inherent issue with the flow diagram, but something on top that is resulting is less than desired results....

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

By any chance do you have a segment applied to the panel that might be causing an issue...

I find it strange that there are entries, but no exits from your page in the middle... I suspect there are a number of users exiting the site from that page, but there is a segment applied that is preventing it from properly showing in the diagram?

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1674622393484.png

The little green spot at the top left of the page is entries, normally there should be a corresponding "exits"

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1674622462166.png

Update: I should add that a segment could be causing a lot of different oddities with how this is displaying... when I try this, my totals line up... so I don't think it's an inherent issue with the flow diagram, but something on top that is resulting is less than desired results....

Level 1

Thanks Jennifer! The only segment I am using is a basic geographical one - filtering activity by to a single city. When I remove this however you are right, exits appear and the next pages add up to 100%. Must be something in the config of the segment? Thanks. 

Community Advisor

Well that is odd.. you wouldn't think that just limiting the data based on a geographical location would cause that... was your segment Hit, Visit, or Visitor level attribution? Hit should be the safest...