Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

'Next page exists' segment

Level 2

Hello team,

I need to create a 'Next page exists' segment in AA so I can see the percentage of users that had a next page in their visit (not necessary a list of pages that they visited) when I report on a single page or a list of pages in the table format.

Leyla_0-1691700877344.png

In AA we have two ways to create a view of pages that users visit after a specific page ('Flow visualization' and Next of Previous item' panel). So to create a segment, I made a copy of the segment that Adobe creates when using 'Next item' panel for a specific page and then updated the logic in the segment to be high level without a specific page URL in it.

Would this set up work/make sense? I compared some data points and overall the numbers weren't that far off if I used Adobe's Next item panel vs. applying my segment in the table. But wanted to get an opinion. Can you please take a look?

Leyla_1-1691701161976.png

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Do you capture anything like 'previous page' in either a prop or an evar? In the past, when I've wanted to look at next page in a freeform table, I put my "page" as the previous page, and then break it down by page. Which is a way of looking at where people are going next.

If you capture the page you want to see if they moved on from as your 'previous page', then there would have to be a next page. So a sequential segment with "previous page = page you're interested in THEN page exists".

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

It's certainly looks logical.. I've never used such a segment, but if I were, I would probably take the same approach you did... taking Adobe's segment for "Next Page" and making it "exists" as opposed to a specific value.

Now, one consideration is that Adobe's segment uses "non-repeating" to make sure that the "next page" is different from the one you are on (to avoid refresh data). That particular logic may not make sense to you... you may want to consider someone who refreshes the page (to see new content) as a "next page" in this scenario (or possibly not)... just something to think about.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Do you capture anything like 'previous page' in either a prop or an evar? In the past, when I've wanted to look at next page in a freeform table, I put my "page" as the previous page, and then break it down by page. Which is a way of looking at where people are going next.

If you capture the page you want to see if they moved on from as your 'previous page', then there would have to be a next page. So a sequential segment with "previous page = page you're interested in THEN page exists".

Community Advisor

There is also the Activity Map page (which tracks automatically if enabled)... but if you have some "non-standard navigation" elements (like clickable divs) Activity Map won't actually capture anything.....

Level 2

Thank you for your recommendations @MandyGeorge and @Jennifer_Dungan 

I'll keep in mind the "non-repeating" logic. And yes, I tried 'Previous page' being my page and then break it down by page before. This works for a single page reporting but if we want to look at a set of pages, reports gets a bit busy. But it does work for sure. 

Thanks again for your feedback!