Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need assistance please: No page analytics or click analytics but rule is firing

Level 3

Hey everyone, having an issue here. Adobe Launch script is present, s code is present with the correct version, all of the rules are firing, i do see all the pixels I have firing, the rule for the setting of variables fire and the send beacon fires, however there is no s.t (page analytics) call. I even tried to manually fire it by typing in s.t() or s.tl() (for click) to fire and it still did not fire. I checked s variable and I see pagename and other variables being set so not sure what's going on. I created a test rule that has the following actions:

- alert before send page analytics

- send page analytics

- alert after send page analytics

- send click (s.tl) analytics

- alert after click (s.tl) analytics

all three of my alerts went through so it goes through the send beacons but I do not see it on Debugger or even when using Omnibug to see the calls. no console errors stood out to me that would cause it to break and at the same time, ALL of the rules are firing just fine

any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

p.s. unfortunately I cannot share the URL but can answer more questions (if any)

9 Replies

Community Advisor

It sounds like you have everything... here is a long shot... you do have a suite configured for your environment?

The only thing I can think of offhand at this time would potentially be that no suite is configured so the code doesn't know how to build the URL?? So its setting the dimensions and events, etc in the s object, but it just can't write the actual request??

I will think on this more and see if I can think of anything else that might cause this issue..

If there are any screenshots of your setup you can share (hiding sensitive info, or using fake placeholder values) that might help....

Level 3

image00000.PNGimage00001.PNG

We have the report suites set up with the configuration of the adobe analytics extension. The thing is we have the launch script on www . SITE1 . com and it works fine, it fires all of the s.t (page) and s.tl (click) calls without any issue. We add it to our SITE2 that contains the same domain/server listed on the configuration of the tag property and we see the rules firing but no call. I even went into the network tab to check for the b/ss network call thinking maybe the debugger had an issue but no luck and no call.

SITE 2 (where are experiencing the issue) is asp.net (if that helps with anything)

Appreciate your response @Jennifer_Dungan  and please let me know if there are any other questions.

Level 3

also adding that we've done something similar like this where we added it to SITE 3 and it works fine as well.

Community Advisor

Thank you, this helps.

So it's an issue on one specific domain / site code... 

Is it possible that SITE 2 (the asp one where tracking isn't working) actually has the same trigger identifcation?

For instance, not saying this is the issue, but on SITE 1 and 3, you might be using "DOM Ready" as your trigger, but SITE 2 is an SPA and therefore doesn't load each page in the traditional sense... SPA (or Single Page Applications) load the page once (the initial load), then use JS to change the content and update the URL and browser history.. there is no additional DOM Ready events...  so the "page view" trigger isn't actually happening... 

You have to have a different trigger to capture navigation between pages.

Level 3

I've tried different trigger events as well, I've done the following:

• DOM Ready
  • History Change
  • Data Element Change

and the rule will fire, however no page analytics happen when the rule fires.

Community Advisor

Is there any sort of custom code (in the custom code block of the set analytics action, or in any of the Data Elements being called by the action) that could be causing a JS error... something that could be blocking only the analytics calls but not the JS?

Unfortunately, without being able to see this in action (and to dig into debugging it, I am a bit at a loss as to what is happening)

Is it also possible, however unlikely, that there is custom code in the Analytics Extension that could be triggering an s.abort (which basically prevents tracking from occurring??)

Level 3

Interesting, i'm looking at the launch script we have and did a CTRL + F for "abort" and came across this within the code, could this be the culprit? If so, where or how do I make adjustments? 

function handleTracker(tracker, promise) {
  return new Promise(function (resolve) {
    if (!tracker) {
      resolve();
      return;
    }

promise.then(function (abortPromise) {
      if (abortPromise) {
        tracker.abort = true;
      }
      resolve();
    });
  });
}

Level 3

Latest Update: I found some legacy H code that i need to remove. It also contains s_code.js file from legacy tagging (DTM). 

Will have to get those removed first to see what is happening.

Currently no correct answer solved this yet, a lot of discovery/research still and thankful for @Jennifer_Dungan  

Community Advisor

Oops I missed the update from a few days ago.

I am not sure what context the abort is called in... i.e. what "tracker" is... but it's possible that this is part of it.. you could always add some testing logs within the function to test in Dev and see when that code is called, and which logic is being triggered....

The Legacy H Code could be causing an issue too... both of those could impact the s object and have incompatibility issues causing a JS error and preventing tracking... 

Good catch finding that!