Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

My table rows are not adding up correctly to the top number.

Level 2

As you can see in the picture below, the orders of our products are not adding up correctly to the number at the top. I am curious why this would be and how to fix it. 

erinwestlake_0-1686071751621.png

Thanks! 

2 Replies

Community Advisor

What is your dimension breakdown? Product?

If there are multiple products in the same order, the total orders will be de-duplicated.

Example: If I go to your site and purchase "Item A", "Item B" and "Item C" in the same order, the report will look like:

Orders

Products

Item A                     1

Item B                     1

Item C                     1

You wouldn't count this as "3" orders when all three products were purchased in the same order, with the same Order ID / Transaction ID... it's still one order.

Employee

@Jennifer_Dungan is correct - this is a scenario of the Orders metrics having different contexts when applied at different dimension levels (Top Line vs. Product line item level). Conceptually in the case of orders where the metrics are dually applied at a per-product line item level AND against corresponding top line overall count, the top line represents the de-duplicated total orders metric count. The per-product line items that are not de-duplicated actually represents more an 'order involved count' since it's a many-to-one data relationship of products within a given order.