Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multiple strings to match Query string parameter in Marketing Processing Rules

Community Advisor

Hi, I am fixing my marketing channel processing rules. Can I use multiple values like below screen shot or do I have to add separate rules for each of the strings to match? 

jsvasu_0-1665531719763.png

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The "All" and "Any" in that initial drop down reflects the rules/boxes/blocks in the rule set (the ones that you can remove with the x, or add with "Add rule"):

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1665676025610.png

In this case, in order to be identified as "Paid Search" the channel must BOTH match the "paid search detection rules" AND the "cid" must start with "pad" or "med".

If you change it to "ANY" at this point, then it need to match either (or both, its not an exclusive or) "Paid Search Detection" OR "cid starts with one of the listed items"

This list block is always going to be an "OR" list, no matter what is selected in the All/Any dropdown:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1665676179631.png

I don't know why you are saying this can only be an "ALL" rules... you should see "ANY" in the dropdown, if you have more than 1 rule in your rule set.....

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1665676283143.png

Unless you removed the "matches paid search detection rules" like so:

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1665676359247.png

But still, the ANY/ALL refers to the blocks, not to the list items... the list would be useless in 99% of cases if it was processed as an "AND"... IF you need something to "contain X and Y" then you would make sure you have "ALL" selected, and create 2 rules:

cid contains "X"
cid contains "Y"

Jennifer_Dungan_4-1665676773462.png

cause you need BOTH to be true... and they are not mutually exclusive.

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Community Advisor

@Jennifer_Dungan  I use cid after the query string parameter in lower caps. So if I have I am using CID in caps in paid search detection rule so does it impacts 

jsvasu_2-1666042619677.png

And in Processing Rules also I am using the term as CID in caps 

jsvasu_3-1666042649403.png

Just a add on to below email:

We have marketing channel expiration set to 30 days. Is that the reason for the odds I am seeing?

jsvasu_0-1666120698739.png

Community Advisor

I try to match case sensitivity as much as possible.. I never know which things are and aren't case sensitive.

I believe that the 30 day attribution may be having an impact on your processing rules (when looking at items as a whole).. you should be able to test the current data by using a custom attribution model on the data since making the changes to see if that lines up more... wouldn't want to wait 30 days and potentially still have an issue