BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Multiple or duplicate products on order

ptrost
Level 2
Level 2

Hello friends,

I've been attempting to create a calculated metric (or segment) that will report the percentage of time a product is sold twice in a single order. An example would be an order placed that includes 2x of the same widget. Counting orders that contain at least one of the widgets is basic of course; I'm attempting to report when a customer purchases 2 of the same widget on an order.

Bonus points if I can be sure that the order ONLY contains Widget x2, and not the Widget and a different item as well.

I'm sure I am missing something easy in the calculated metric builder, thanks for the help!

1 Reply
BrianTophamAdobe
Employee
Employee

Hi! While I am not sure I fully understand your use case, I don't think you are missing anything. This kind of analysis  / segmentation / calculate metric is not really possible with the product variable. This is because the product string is a 'list Variable'. A segment pulls back the whole product string when at least one product matches the segment. So, there is not really a way to say 'THIS, but NOT THIS' in a product string. 

For example, if you had a product string of: "ProdA, B-Product"

-A segment for 'ProdA' would bring back 'B-Product' as well, as both are on the same hit/string.

-A segment for 'ProdA' but NOT 'B-Product' would still bring back this row as 'ProdA' is in string AND 'ProdA' != 

'B-Product', so that criteria is matched as well.

This is a limitation and likely a very good item to be added to the Ideas.