Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Multiple launch scripts in an app

Level 2

I want to understand more about the opportunity of having two or more Adobe launch scripts in one web application.

Quick context:

Company A and B have Adobe Analytics in their respective organization. They plan to establish analytics and tagging on both ends. That means maintaining two launch scripts with overlapping tagging requirements at some point. (Something they can establish to unify, yes)

Ask:

• Can we maintain two launch scripts? And do separate tagging activities?
  • If the above is not possible, are there recommendations on how these two organizations can move forward in sharing each other's analytics tagging?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

If both Organization have similar website functionality(including datalayer) and tagging requirements(including analytics & 3rd party Marketing tag) then they can have a single launch script. If requirement is different then go with 2 separate launch script.

Also if frequency of tagging request is high & needs to be implemented sooner then can have 2 launch script. This will enable 2 tagging resource to work simultaneously.

This is just a suggestion. Please do some more research. All the best.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

If both Organization have similar website functionality(including datalayer) and tagging requirements(including analytics & 3rd party Marketing tag) then they can have a single launch script. If requirement is different then go with 2 separate launch script.

Also if frequency of tagging request is high & needs to be implemented sooner then can have 2 launch script. This will enable 2 tagging resource to work simultaneously.

This is just a suggestion. Please do some more research. All the best.

Level 2

Can we have two launch scripts running in one web application? Will it not have issues on JS/backend calls?

How about the performance and best practices?

Level 5
I think you can have 2 launch script as scripts path's are different & rules are belongs respective script. 1 person can a do 10 task in 2 days then 2 persons can do the same in one day. We may need to compromise with Performance & best practices. I would suggest If you have access to ADobe launch & have dev environment then please give a try from your end & let us know your findings.

Level 10

Two Launch libraries added to the page will conflict with each other.

@Andrey_Osadchuk I need to test a new Launch Property in my stage environment. Can I insert the new embed script in addition to the existing embed script to test? Will this conflict in a way that my testing will not be correct?