Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multiple columns Adobe Debugger — Single hit?

Level 4

Certain single user actions in my analytics setup result in multiple columns in the Adobe Analytics Debugger. In other words, a single user action results in more than one column of data sent to Adobe, as seen in the debugger. Typically, one column exists to track link clicks and the secondary column tracks other pages attributes.

I want to know if data column 1 and data column 2 are both counted as a single hits, when using this option in a segment.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If this is happening with some user actions, then it's most likely because you have multiple tags firing with those same user actions. You'll have to check your implementation to find these duplicates.

If this is happening with all user actions, then it's most likely because you have enabled Edge logging (under Tools > Logs > Edge in the debugger). I've found that enabling this logging always causes 2 columns to appear for 1 hit, and it's not because of duplicate tagging but because of multiple calls sent by the debugger itself to retrieve the Edge logs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If this is happening with some user actions, then it's most likely because you have multiple tags firing with those same user actions. You'll have to check your implementation to find these duplicates.

If this is happening with all user actions, then it's most likely because you have enabled Edge logging (under Tools > Logs > Edge in the debugger). I've found that enabling this logging always causes 2 columns to appear for 1 hit, and it's not because of duplicate tagging but because of multiple calls sent by the debugger itself to retrieve the Edge logs.

Level 4

I'm a bit confused, what does Edge refer to? The browser? 

And what is the outcome of seeing duplicate columns in a single event? My question still stands as I'd like to know if they are seen as separate hits or not.

Community Advisor

"Edge" basically refers to Adobe's network. Traditionally, you'd think of it as Adobe's server. So the Edge screen shows the results that come from Adobe after receiving your hits.

If you've enabled Edge logging, then the duplicate columns that you see in the Analytics tab are due to the debugger getting information from the Edge. In that case, you can ignore the "double" hits, because only one set of hits have really been sent correctly.

BUT if you haven't enabled Edge logging, then it might be something to do with your implementation. E.g. maybe you have the AppMeasurement code added to the pages directly while you're also sending hits from a tag manager, e.g. Adobe Launch.

Level 4

Ah, ok, that's clear now, thanks. I didn't enable this feature, so I need to check my implementation.