Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Moving a report under Maketing Channel

Level 2

Hello Community,

I need a quick help!

I created a Seach Engine Traffic Report and I want to list this report under marketing channel.

How can I do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

dorukk​ : Going through above rule, you have set evar0(tracking code) "equals" SEO brand but not "contains" ( Kindly ensure the value here exactly matches, otherwise rule would fail).

Also there was highlighted error in Marketing channel manager SEO rule. Has that been resolved.

Tip: Try in your dev suite with similar rules enabling last touch override setting for SEO.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Do you want to create a marketing channel for Search Engine Traffic?

Channels can be created from Admin > Report Suites > [Select Report Suite] > Edit Settings > Marketing Channels > Marketing Channel Manager

Level 2

I already created a different report than Marketing Channel which name is SEO.Here below I can see the SEO but Marketing Channel Report can not show my SEO report details

Screenshot at Aug 17 10-14-07.png

Employee Advisor

After creating the SEO channel, did you wait for data to be collected in the new channel? Marketing channels do not retroactively collect data.

Level 2

Yes, One week passed from created day.

Level 3

dorukk​ : I could see the last touch override setting is disabled for SEO channel created. Also there is a highlighted error in the screen shot for SEO. Kindly ensure the marketing channel processing rule for SEO satisfies the matching conditions set for that channel / at least there is one rule defined for that channel.

p.s. I could also see Natural Search Channel being set up in screen shot. Please ensure whether SEO and Natural search here are not getting conflicted as ideally, they are pretty much the same. As a best practice, only direct and internal channels should have last touch override setting disabled.

Please attach screen shot of rule sets for Natural Search and SEO to dig further if still un-answered.

Level 2

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and all info.Here is my rules for SEO tracking.

1283066_pastedImage_0.png

I can not understand where am I doing wrong.

Bests,

D.

Correct answer by
Level 3

dorukk​ : Going through above rule, you have set evar0(tracking code) "equals" SEO brand but not "contains" ( Kindly ensure the value here exactly matches, otherwise rule would fail).

Also there was highlighted error in Marketing channel manager SEO rule. Has that been resolved.

Tip: Try in your dev suite with similar rules enabling last touch override setting for SEO.