Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

More than 1 context data in t and tl call.

Level 2

Hello,

We have a use case where we need to set some custom values on the t and tl calls post the image request is triggered from the client browser.

So i was wondering if Adobe supports reading data from more than 1 context blocks.

Usually we would see something like this in image request &c.&country=US&.c and we can read the data using processing rules as country.

Now with more than 1 context block in the same call &c.&country=US&.c*eVar1=something&3Var2=Something&c.&isInternal=true&c.

Can we now read both the values of country and isInternal using processing rules ?

We need to know if 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Morish2412,

Context Variable syntax basically "bookends" your context variables with "c." (start), and ".c" (end)

So in your original context variable example:

&c.&country=US&.c

&c. starts where your context variable are being sent, and &.c ends it.

So passing multiple context variables should look something like:

&c.&country=US&isInternal=true&c.

I think in your original you had your Context Variables split up.. while it might work (I've not actually tried), Adobe will combine them into a single area, so I would say it's better and more efficient (and potentially avoid issues) to mirror that behaviour.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Morish2412 , multiple context variables can be sent, but I don't think that syntax is correct... I am just on my phone, so I will confirm the correct format and get back to you when I am on my computer.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Morish2412,

Context Variable syntax basically "bookends" your context variables with "c." (start), and ".c" (end)

So in your original context variable example:

&c.&country=US&.c

&c. starts where your context variable are being sent, and &.c ends it.

So passing multiple context variables should look something like:

&c.&country=US&isInternal=true&c.

I think in your original you had your Context Variables split up.. while it might work (I've not actually tried), Adobe will combine them into a single area, so I would say it's better and more efficient (and potentially avoid issues) to mirror that behaviour.