Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Month to date last year

Level 2

Morning Everyone! I see this in a few other threads but haven't spotted the answer yet. I'm looking to set up some workspace dashboards to show "month to date" compared to the same time period from last year.

I can do this by manually amending the time segments each time but would much rather have this automated. Can anybody help?
Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Go up to "Components", then "Date Ranges". Create one date range for Current MTD and another for Last Year MTD.

For Current MTD, set the rolling dates to: START: start of current month END: end of current day
For Last Year MTD, set the rolling dates to: START: start of current month minus 12 months END: end of current day minus 365 days

And now you have two dynamic date ranges that you can pull into any project for year over year MTD.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Go up to "Components", then "Date Ranges". Create one date range for Current MTD and another for Last Year MTD.

For Current MTD, set the rolling dates to: START: start of current month END: end of current day
For Last Year MTD, set the rolling dates to: START: start of current month minus 12 months END: end of current day minus 365 days

And now you have two dynamic date ranges that you can pull into any project for year over year MTD.

Level 2

This is great! Many thanks for this. Just gave it a go and works a treat. I've amended a tadge as was finding I was getting a full day for last year and only a part day for this year so was slightly skewing the results.

To amend I applied the following:

For Current MTD, set the rolling dates to: START: start of current month END: end of current day minus 1 day

For Last Year MTD, set the rolling dates to: START: start of current month minus 12 months END: end of current day minus 366 days