Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Mobile Services deprecated alternatives

Level 1

We used "MobileServices.processGooglePlayInstallReferrerUrl(referrerStr)" previously in our app code, now as Mobile services has been deprecated, is their any alternative function/class available for this function from Adobe?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As Adobe Mobile Services have been deprecated, you should migrate to the Adobe Experience Platform SDKs (also known as Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDKs) for mobile app tracking and analytics.

The Adobe Experience Platform SDKs don't have a direct equivalent of the MobileServices.processGooglePlayInstallReferrerUrl(referrerStr) function. However, you can still track Google Play Install Referrer information by setting custom context data variables and then sending the data to Adobe Analytics.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As Adobe Mobile Services have been deprecated, you should migrate to the Adobe Experience Platform SDKs (also known as Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDKs) for mobile app tracking and analytics.

The Adobe Experience Platform SDKs don't have a direct equivalent of the MobileServices.processGooglePlayInstallReferrerUrl(referrerStr) function. However, you can still track Google Play Install Referrer information by setting custom context data variables and then sending the data to Adobe Analytics.

Community Advisor

Yes, I have my developers set up code to get the Google Install Referrers and pass as a custom context variable.... 

Here is a good video that might help you out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCd1uDAVEmE