Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Missing Some orders in adobe analytics

Level 2

Hi Team,

we are using adobe to analyze KPI's &  customer behavior apart from that our DT team fulling major KPIS which available in there Database like(orde id' , number orders, Order$..)etc.

the problem here is as two reports available  people started comparing Order$ & Order# with adobe report and dt team's report. there is difference between those reports like Dt team report showing 150 orders in the Q1-2022 but adobe showing 130 orders. there is 20 orders difference people started questing.

while go through  i found those customers actually came to site, some did cart additions & some exited website as per adobe. but dt team report it's showing those are placed orders.

then why adobe is missing those orders , what will suitable reasons in this case.

any suggestions will be great help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is a great question and it really boils down to you are comparing to disparate systems.

#1 Adobe think of it as a front end data capture. Its limits are things like network issues, user browsers blocking, bad page code. This will lead to not being able to capture 100% of all purchases.

#2 Back end CRM or sales tool. This is looking back end in essence at the systems purchases for date range like Adobe would but in this case it is not directly affected by bad tracking code as I am assuming it could still see when purchases are made.

#3 Since the back end is also more accurate as you may in some situations also have a 3rd channel here where things like tlf or fax(yes its ancient) orders are not captured by Adobe but are by back end system. Also back end systems can do things like credits or cancellation which Adobe wont know.

Basically the 2 will never be 100% but I do recommend you continue to capture Order #. That way when the totals 2 don`t match you can do a side by side comparison at order # level and see if back end orders missing have any sort of pattern. (have them look at the Adobe missing ones to see is it one customer? or Product type?)

GLTU

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is a great question and it really boils down to you are comparing to disparate systems.

#1 Adobe think of it as a front end data capture. Its limits are things like network issues, user browsers blocking, bad page code. This will lead to not being able to capture 100% of all purchases.

#2 Back end CRM or sales tool. This is looking back end in essence at the systems purchases for date range like Adobe would but in this case it is not directly affected by bad tracking code as I am assuming it could still see when purchases are made.

#3 Since the back end is also more accurate as you may in some situations also have a 3rd channel here where things like tlf or fax(yes its ancient) orders are not captured by Adobe but are by back end system. Also back end systems can do things like credits or cancellation which Adobe wont know.

Basically the 2 will never be 100% but I do recommend you continue to capture Order #. That way when the totals 2 don`t match you can do a side by side comparison at order # level and see if back end orders missing have any sort of pattern. (have them look at the Adobe missing ones to see is it one customer? or Product type?)

GLTU

Level 2

@Pablo_Childe  great information,

we are missing orders for few customers is there any further drill down , to know exact reasons.

Community Advisor

In this case if you narrow it down to a few customers then check things like browser/ OS versions. It could even be a specific IP address. 

The things here is that that customer could be using an older PC browser or have an internet connection where the firewall is blocking analytics beacons from firing and sending correctly. If you know browser OS then you could QA against those settings verify page code is ok

Also verify that the customer is indeed not making non - web based orders phone/fax.

GLTU