Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Migration of segments and calculated metrics via API

Level 2

Hi guys,

I am wondering if there is a possibility to migrate workspaces, segments and calculated metrics via api - from a one analytics report suite to an another one.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

cheers,

iwona

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

as Andrey Osadchuk already said: if you are still within the same organization (organization ID), you just need to change the report suite (in workspace projects) or access the desired elements (segments/calculated metrics). there is no need for any migration since especially segments/calc. metrics are independent of the single report suite.

there might be additional problems why users can't see the desired items:

1) report suite settings: using another report suite with different settings might cause problems

2) permission management: users don't have access to the right items

3) virtual report suite: access to items has been restricted on a virtual report suite.

according to your description I would check for permissions to solve the access problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Iwona,

I wonder why you are thinking about such a transition from one report suite to another?

The segments and metrics can be used with any report suite.

If there is a workspace project you want to share across different teams working on different report suites, consider saving it as a template (it will be available for everyone).

Level 2

Thanks for your answer Andrey!

A: "I wonder why you are thinking about such a transition from one report suite to another?"

I: Couse the company I work in was taken over by another company hence we no longer be working with the current report suite.

I: I mean the calculated metrics and segments, we did in the current report suite. Can we migrate them to the completely new report suite? And how?

A: "If there is a workspace project you want to share across different teams working on different report suites, consider saving it as a template (it will be available for everyone)."

I: I checked it - and it doesn't work. I can save it as a temple and then my colleagues can see it in the same report suite BUT not in a completely new one.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

as Andrey Osadchuk already said: if you are still within the same organization (organization ID), you just need to change the report suite (in workspace projects) or access the desired elements (segments/calculated metrics). there is no need for any migration since especially segments/calc. metrics are independent of the single report suite.

there might be additional problems why users can't see the desired items:

1) report suite settings: using another report suite with different settings might cause problems

2) permission management: users don't have access to the right items

3) virtual report suite: access to items has been restricted on a virtual report suite.

according to your description I would check for permissions to solve the access problem.