Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

mid is missing in one of the subdomains but exist in the others

Level 2

Dear Community,

Can you please help with troubleshooting ECID?

We have some websites (domain and subdomains) with the same setup in Adobe Launch for Adobe analytics and ECID.

But one of the subdomains doesn't get ECID resolved, and therefore FID is used by AA.

The AMCV and s_fid cookies are getting set together at the same time (screenshot attached), In this case, the mid never gets sent to AA.

MahmoudMajid_0-1673183218153.png

MahmoudMajid_1-1673183272474.pngMahmoudMajid_2-1673183293748.png

Would really appreciate it if someone already faced this issue and can share the resolution.

Thanks. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Just out of curiosity, you are sure that your "%hostname%" data element is being properly set?

You should be able to test this on the front end of your site by opening up the browser console, and running the following script:

_satellite.getVar('hostname');

If you aren't familiar with using the console, you can type JS code next to the blue chevron and hit enter to execute:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1673205637242.png

If "Hostname" is set, the value should appear underneath, if not, it might come back as nothing or undefined.

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1673205693124.png

I just want to be sure first off that this subdomain and ECID opt-in is properly configured. It's probably okay, but it doesn't hurt to check

Update: I should note that Data Elements are case sensitive (hostname is different from HostName or Hostname or hostName < different variations of case formatting)

Level 2

Thanks for your response,
I've tested it in the console using the _satellite.getVar() method, and it's returning the subdomain value as expected, Also this extension configuration is identical to the other subdomains and is working fine in their cases! 

Community Advisor

I know that you want the opt-in.. but for a test, have you tried without that part? Do you still have an issue?

What about other cookies, are they being written to this subdomain? Maybe there is a server configuration that is preventing the cookie from being written?

Level 2

I've tried to disable it, and it still mid is not set, could it be something with the AppMeasuremnt.js? Or the version wouldn't cause this issue?

MahmoudMajid_0-1673266683528.png

Community Advisor

Are you using all the most recent versions of the Launch Extensions... including Analytics? Or are you self-hosting your AppMeasurement file... that version looks quite old.... my AppMeasurement is generated from the Analytics extension, and is version 2.23.0.. (whereas yours is only 2.9.0).....it could be a compatibility issue as you have suggested?

Level 2

Hi Jennifer,
Sorry for the late response, I was troubleshooting in different directions, Yesterday I tried to update the AppMeasurement and got a new param in the hit (vidn) but mid was still missing, 

so I tried again to make Opt-In = No and the mid appears in the hit! And that's strange, because I tried this thing before, and it didn't work.

So what may be the case now if the issue is regarding the Opt-In?

Community Advisor

I am suspecting there is something happening with the opt-in cookie.... since that's about the only thing you have really configured....

I would use incognito to check the sub-domains that are working... see what cookies exist when you opt in vs opt out.... then test this domain where the problem exists and see if you see the same cookies being set.

I am suspicious that this one subdomain may have some server configuration that could be preventing the cookies and therefore causing issues with opt-in functionality......