Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Matches in segment builder

Level 6

I am trying to create a match to a pattern  XX-XX in the segment builder. I tried ??-?? or ..-..

but nothing worked. Anyone knows how to do this kind of wildcard match?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

How about using MATCH \*-*\     ?   This would not explicitly check for 2 characters between the dash but does check for the \ - \ sequence.  Unfortunately I also have struggled with the lack of a single character wildcard.  Would be great if ? worked here.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

actually I need to match \xx-xx\

Employee Advisor

What you're looking for would need regex, which segmentation currently doesn't support. Your best bet is to include multiple segment definitions of the same variable in order to get that data you're looking for.

Correct answer by
Level 2

How about using MATCH \*-*\     ?   This would not explicitly check for 2 characters between the dash but does check for the \ - \ sequence.  Unfortunately I also have struggled with the lack of a single character wildcard.  Would be great if ? worked here.

Community Advisor

Would be better with a more detailed sample of URL/page you are trying to filter but a sort of hack could be:

aaa/bbb/ccc/xx-xx/ddd/ffff

X being multiple versions of characters...

In segment builder

make a container

Starts with (URL or page not sure metric you are trying to filter...)

aaa/bbb/ccc/

and

contains -

and

ends with

/ddd/ffff

may have to play with extra characters depends on your over all matches to the "-" character if in other places...

good luck