Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Marketing Channel data in disabled channel

Level 2

Hi there,

I have recently disabled one of our marketing channel, but there's still traffic recorded when i look into 'Last Touch Marketing Channel' report.

Am wondering is it possible that there will still be traffic being bucketed into a Marketing Channel which we have disabled in Marketing Channel Manager?

Hope to get an answer on this. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi TienXing,

I would recommend to apply "Marketing Channel Instances" as a metrics in the reports to validate if the traffic is still being credited to the channel which has been disabled. Apart from "Marketing Channel Instance" other metrics would still get the credit due to visitor engagement on the site.

Additionally I would suggest to kindly go through the document Visitor engagement expiration  to understand if expiring "Visitor Engagement" needs to be considered in this scenario.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi TienXing,

I would recommend to apply "Marketing Channel Instances" as a metrics in the reports to validate if the traffic is still being credited to the channel which has been disabled. Apart from "Marketing Channel Instance" other metrics would still get the credit due to visitor engagement on the site.

Additionally I would suggest to kindly go through the document Visitor engagement expiration  to understand if expiring "Visitor Engagement" needs to be considered in this scenario.

Level 2

Hey suchia, thanks for your reply and guidance to check with the correct metrics.

It seems that Visitor Engagement did play a role in the channel attribution, I have reset the expiration and I am now getting the correct report.

Thanks again!