Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Manual Addition of visits vs Adobe workspace aggregated visits

Level 1

Hi Community,

I would like to know Why there is mismatch in Manual Addition of Visits and Adobe workspace aggregated Visits?

Let's assume I have taken date range of one year in my adobe work space and have put dimension as months and Metrics as Pageviews & Visits. If I'm adding the month wise visits manually, It is always higher than Adobe Workspace aggregated Visits. Could some one explain this...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

When a visit crosses over multiple periods, the individual rows will both include that visit.  With month, for example, if a visit started shortly before midnight on the last day of the month and ended on the first day of the following month, that visit would show up in both months.  However, the total at the top of the table deduplicates these to give an accurate total. 

This is similar to using visits with pages views, or when reporting on unique users over a period of time.

Visits

Total       1

Feb        1

March    1

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

When a visit crosses over multiple periods, the individual rows will both include that visit.  With month, for example, if a visit started shortly before midnight on the last day of the month and ended on the first day of the following month, that visit would show up in both months.  However, the total at the top of the table deduplicates these to give an accurate total. 

This is similar to using visits with pages views, or when reporting on unique users over a period of time.

Visits

Total       1

Feb        1

March    1

Level 2

@ArvindkarthikeyanDA  please let me know what header name you have used to import visits?