Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Majority of Traffic is show "None" for Original Referring Domain

Level 1

We launched a new site for people to sign up for a new type of checking account. However, over 95% of our 35K site visitors to date are showing an Original Referring Domain as "None". We are trying to figure out if there is an issue with our site recording the Original Referring Domain, or if we have a bunch of fraud visitors.

So far, I looked at the device type, device OS, and user location, and they all seem very diverse. This makes me think it is not fraud, but we also have a site conversion rate of 40%, which seems like fraud.

Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @johnton ,

I will recommend if you can check the report suite's internal URL filters? Please follow following path,

Admin > Report Suites > Edit Settings > General > Internal URL Filters

You must configure your report suite’s Internal URL filters to use The ‘Original referring domain’ dimension. Failure to configure internal URL filters can either include internal domains or prevent external domains from appearing.

Hope this helps. Thanks

With Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @johnton ,

I will recommend if you can check the report suite's internal URL filters? Please follow following path,

Admin > Report Suites > Edit Settings > General > Internal URL Filters

You must configure your report suite’s Internal URL filters to use The ‘Original referring domain’ dimension. Failure to configure internal URL filters can either include internal domains or prevent external domains from appearing.

Hope this helps. Thanks

With Regards,

Amit

Level 2

If you are using a cookie preference tool like OneTrust, it is likely that the page is reloading before the server call fires. If that's true, the referring domain in the users browser would be your sites and would be treated as none or a session refresh depending on your campaign processing rules.

Level 1

Thanks Mike, we use Evidon for cookie preference. We will look into page reloads caused by it.