Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Looking for Internal Search Term Implementation

Level 3

Hi,

I'm looking internal search implementation using launch. I have set up to track the kws where searched by the users. For Example: Set up with Evar 2 and I'm able to capture and track successful under workspace.

Following with up, I should view the number of results returned when a search was done by the users and to view search results clicked by the user and to track the CTR derived by the same users.

Is it done through setting up an success event?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Answering to your last comment.

There are two ways this can be achieved.

1. Numeric event: Set up a custom event and pass the number of search results along with the keywords in the evar. This will give you The aggregate of the total results for specific keywords. For example: user A searched key word XYZ and there were total 3 results. Another user B searches for the same key word and receives 4 results. The report will show:

evar2   event2

XYZ     7

2. Evar: Set up an evar (say evar3) to track the number of results. This will allow you to do a break down of keywords by the number of results. Going by the above example, the report will show:

evar2   Occurences

XYZ                      2

ever3                 2

3                        1
   4                        1

Or you can use the combination of the above two, giving you more insights on the search results. Hope that Helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

You may use evar instances to report on the number of time the search done with the keyword. Additionally, you can fire an event for search results and another event when the search result was clicked.

Level 3

Thanks for the response Khurshid_Alam Yes, i'm able to get the search keywords details and their number of searches when I'm creating the data element for internal search with passing query param in the URL and configured the data element under the "page load" rule with evar 2: internal search.

Adding to this, how can I exactly configure the events Number of results appear on the results page and their respective clicked results with CTR details.

And I aware that we need to set up specific data layer to meet up the above results. In the side of launch/analytics, what should we do exactly? suggestions?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Answering to your last comment.

There are two ways this can be achieved.

1. Numeric event: Set up a custom event and pass the number of search results along with the keywords in the evar. This will give you The aggregate of the total results for specific keywords. For example: user A searched key word XYZ and there were total 3 results. Another user B searches for the same key word and receives 4 results. The report will show:

evar2   event2

XYZ     7

2. Evar: Set up an evar (say evar3) to track the number of results. This will allow you to do a break down of keywords by the number of results. Going by the above example, the report will show:

evar2   Occurences

XYZ                      2

ever3                 2

3                        1
   4                        1

Or you can use the combination of the above two, giving you more insights on the search results. Hope that Helps.