Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Locking row order

Level 2

I have a report that has several time dimensions, among them are today and yesterday. The report is run automatically at midnight to catch the days totals. A summary number widget catches the visits for today, a summary change widget looks at the change from yesterday to today.

When I run the report manually I see this ordering

1748781_pastedImage_0.png

With the automated report I get this ordering

1748782_pastedImage_1.png

This causes the widgets to show yesterdays visits, and the difference from today to yesterday.

How can I lock the row position to ensure this doesn't happen?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it is not possible to "lock" a certain order. either sort by the metric "visit" or the dimension "time".

if you want to keep a certain order for the line items, there is a little trick: give your items a name that allows for the right "asc" or "desc" order, eg. start the names by a), b), c) or I, II, III, ...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Log a ticket to clientcare@adobe.com that they can try to replicate this by sending automated report to their email ID.

Level 10

Hi Mark,

Did you end up finding a solution to this problem? If so, would you mind sharing it here incase others have this same issue?

Thanks,
Jantzen

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it is not possible to "lock" a certain order. either sort by the metric "visit" or the dimension "time".

if you want to keep a certain order for the line items, there is a little trick: give your items a name that allows for the right "asc" or "desc" order, eg. start the names by a), b), c) or I, II, III, ...