Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

linkTrackVars & linkTrackEvents - can they be used separately?

Level 1

Hi all, I am setting linkTrackVars variable in Tealium, but I would like to have events set automatically, so I don't touch linkTrackEvents. Unfortunately, it seems that once you set linkTrackVars, you have to set linkTrackEvents as well, or no events are fired. Is that correct? Is there a way how to set linkTrackVars without setting linkTrackEvents (so it stays "automatic")? Thanks, Pavel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The linkTrackVars and linkTrackEvents variables are separate and independent of each other. However, if you want to use linkTrackEvents, you must include "events" in linkTrackVars. If you do not, linkTrackEvents does not work.

If you set linkTrackVars, always make sure it includes "events" somewhere in the comma-delimited string. If you do this, then linkTrackEvents always works.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The linkTrackVars and linkTrackEvents variables are separate and independent of each other. However, if you want to use linkTrackEvents, you must include "events" in linkTrackVars. If you do not, linkTrackEvents does not work.

If you set linkTrackVars, always make sure it includes "events" somewhere in the comma-delimited string. If you do this, then linkTrackEvents always works.