Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Lightbox Gallery Tracking

Level 2

s.tl does not feel like the appropriate call to make in a website module that utilizes a lightbox gallery effect. Any suggestions on best practices or pitfalls to avoid? My team will be building a module that houses 15-20 galleries on a site. Each gallery may have 5-30 photos with copy blurb's, social share options, etc. I need to track not only the galleries that are viewed (easily done via s.t() on a page load). But I also need to know what photos were viewed through the lightbox (may be PrettyPhoto or FancyBox). And specifically what photos were shared (easily done via s.tl() as it is a exit link).

I have not uncovered an answer to this, if you know of a direct link please share. I know that ListVar and Prop's sound good but I can't picture the most optimum solution.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Create a new var say gallery_images store all values like: <gallery_name>:<image_name1>,<image_name2>...  and update the value on previous or next event in the gallery transition. use s.tl() on gallery close or error and window unload assign this var to a evar/prop and send data to omniture. This will help you in reducing the number of calls to the omniture. You can create some processing rule in analytics to process this evar/prop in the way you want this to work.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Create a new var say gallery_images store all values like: <gallery_name>:<image_name1>,<image_name2>...  and update the value on previous or next event in the gallery transition. use s.tl() on gallery close or error and window unload assign this var to a evar/prop and send data to omniture. This will help you in reducing the number of calls to the omniture. You can create some processing rule in analytics to process this evar/prop in the way you want this to work.