Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Launch rule on a button firing but no data in Analytics

Level 3

I have a rule set up on a button to capture some data and then send the beacon as a custom link, don't treat as page view. I do this all the time. I'm seeing the button fire in the console and in the Adobe Debugger but nothing is showing up in Analytics. I have our normal evars/props on it, as well as an event. I've also messed with the navigational timeout in the Launch rule, to no avail. I've never seen anything like this yet. It's clearly firing but not capturing. Since the button leads to another page, all I can think of is the timeout but that's not having an effect. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try setting s.useBeacon. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/config-vars/usebeacon.html?lan... This normally helps when tracking such navigational link clicks.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Is the destination page of the button click by chance a different domain? Does destination page also have adobe Analytics?

Community Advisor

Can you see in a browser Networks tab the adobe beacon?

/b/ss/ if you filter then look at parameters do you see the correct rsid? Is custom link defined as a pev2 value in beacon output?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try setting s.useBeacon. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/config-vars/usebeacon.html?lan... This normally helps when tracking such navigational link clicks.

Level 3

Hi @morgant29080047 

Can you please confirm if the rule is showing as fired in the console however there is no analytics beacon. If this this the case then check if you are setting up the eVar and props using the cutom code and then you would need s.linkTrackVars to fire the variables in the beacon.
If this is not the case then can you please share the link of the site and the button text present on the page. Also a screeshot of the launch rule will help as well.