Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Is there a way to suppress the Adobe beacon from firing on a certain page?

Level 2

Hi,

We have a login screen that users sign into to access our website. I want to suppress the Adobe beacon from firing on this login screen and only count page views after a user has signed in.

I cannot remove the Adobe script from the page because our Cookie Consent Trust Arc rules are loaded via Launch.

Is there a way (or what's the best way) to tell Adobe not to fire a beacon for this page? I looked at adding an exclusion to the Send Beacon rule, but it doesn't seem to work as I expected.

Thanks for any help or guidance!

-Curtis

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In your Adobe Launch Rule, you can create a condition.... only trigger tracking when returned value is true or false (if you are using an exception rule)

Without knowing your site, I don't know if it will be as simple as selecting one of the pre-defined conditions and adding in some values, or if you will need to write some custom script to identify the condition.

If you end up writing custom scripting, basically you can just create an If statement.

If you are using a regular condition, you want to pass true on ALL pages but the one you want tracking on... 

Example:

if (!pageX){
     return true;
}

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1669681917051.png

If you are using an exclude type rule, then check for the page:

if (pageX){
     return true;
}

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1669681872181.png

Make sure you test this thoroughly to make sure you aren't preventing tracking on other unexpected pages.

If your conditions are created correctly, the condition should prevent the Actions from triggering under your desired scenario.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In your Adobe Launch Rule, you can create a condition.... only trigger tracking when returned value is true or false (if you are using an exception rule)

Without knowing your site, I don't know if it will be as simple as selecting one of the pre-defined conditions and adding in some values, or if you will need to write some custom script to identify the condition.

If you end up writing custom scripting, basically you can just create an If statement.

If you are using a regular condition, you want to pass true on ALL pages but the one you want tracking on... 

Example:

if (!pageX){
     return true;
}

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1669681917051.png

If you are using an exclude type rule, then check for the page:

if (pageX){
     return true;
}

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1669681872181.png

Make sure you test this thoroughly to make sure you aren't preventing tracking on other unexpected pages.

If your conditions are created correctly, the condition should prevent the Actions from triggering under your desired scenario.

Level 2

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan ,

Thanks for the detailed suggestion! I will give it a try to tomorrow and let you know. Based on your explanation, I'm hopeful this will work.

Curtis

Level 2

Thanks again @Jennifer_Dungan ! Your solution worked like a charm with some small custom code and an exclusion condition.

var Path = location.pathname;
if (Path === "register page" || "sign in page") {
    return true;
    }
else
  return false;