Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Is jQuery required to use adobe analytics or adobe DTM?

Level 1

Is jQuery required to use adobe analytics?

Is jQuery required to use adobe DTM?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi, David. No, there is no built-in dependency or any other sort of requirement to use jQuery for DTM or for Analytics.

You certainly may use jQuery in conjunction with these, if you choose. e.g. if you are already including jQuery on your site

Hope that helps. Let us know if we can assist further.

Kind regards,

- Carey

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4

Hi David,

Its either Java or javascript.

http://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/comparing-java-javascript.html

Implement SiteCatalyst using Java or JavaScript

Because Java and JavaScript are separate programming languages, they are implemented differently.

Let me know if it helps you. You can mark it as closed.

Thanks

Akhil

Level 1

No this does not answer my question. It obviously requires javascript, but does the tag manager/analytics also require jQuery (a javascript library)?

Level 3

Hi,

jQuery is not required for the Tag Manager or Adobe Analytics.

Level 4

Hi David,

It is not mandatory to make use of jQuery for both Analytics & DTM Implementation but if we your comfortable than as we all know, jQuery  can do things easily than legacy java script only.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi, David. No, there is no built-in dependency or any other sort of requirement to use jQuery for DTM or for Analytics.

You certainly may use jQuery in conjunction with these, if you choose. e.g. if you are already including jQuery on your site

Hope that helps. Let us know if we can assist further.

Kind regards,

- Carey