Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Ipad and Iphone hits are captured under which device type in Adobe analytics?

Level 2

Hi,

Recently we are facing an issue regarding Ipad and Iphone hits. Previously it was captured under "Other" in device type and recently fix from adobe all the hits related to Ipad it is captuerd under "tablet" device type.

Can someone let me know about this. Is this expected?

If Yes, please share the document.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ipad and Iphone should never have appeared under Other....

Ipad should always be Tablet and Iphone should always be Mobile. It has been that way the entire time I've been working with Analytics (which is now 16 years)

However, I do know there was an issue with user agent identification recently (many Android devices were being reported as using Android 10 incorrectly), I wonder if this same issue was mis-identifying Device Types on the IDevices..... 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

I believe this is expected, as I can see the same result in my test data as well. Basically, Adobe identifies these values based on the lookup and these are further determined by third-party services and these lookups are updated periodically to recognize new/updated devices.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ipad and Iphone should never have appeared under Other....

Ipad should always be Tablet and Iphone should always be Mobile. It has been that way the entire time I've been working with Analytics (which is now 16 years)

However, I do know there was an issue with user agent identification recently (many Android devices were being reported as using Android 10 incorrectly), I wonder if this same issue was mis-identifying Device Types on the IDevices.....