Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

invalid Promo codes being captured

Level 1

I'm relatively new to Adobe & the business I'm working on but were running into an issue where customers enter promo codes during the check out on our eComm page, and even if the code is INVALID (i.e. from Christmas time), its being recorded with the order. Its currently being captured as a hit, but we need to revise this to capture only if the code is accepted (when its invalid, the site rejects it).

any thoughts are appreciated

Sincerely,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Lizz,

Sounds like the promo code value is being captured in a variable (prop or eVar) on the purchase click. Is there anyway you could capture the promo code on purchase confirmation page instead? 

Best,

Ryan Praskievicz

@ryanpraski

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Lizz,

Sounds like the promo code value is being captured in a variable (prop or eVar) on the purchase click. Is there anyway you could capture the promo code on purchase confirmation page instead? 

Best,

Ryan Praskievicz

@ryanpraski

Level 1

I'll look into this option with our Ops team - thank you, Ryan! I'll keep you posted