Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

InternalURLFilters settings for AA UI

Level 3

Hi,

If we want to stop capturing our own domain in the referrer report then we need to add our domain urls in InternalURLFilters setting in Adobe Analytics. But, if i understand correctly, that would work for AA UI report but not for Clickstream raw data feed file(referrer & post_referrer column). Can you tell me what needs to be done to stop that in Clickstream data too.

Thanks,

Muthu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I would highly advise against attempting to change the referrer or post_referrer value in data feeds. There could be quite a few potential issues that arise if you do.

Instead, I'd recommend either adjusting your query to the data feed to exclude internal domains, or pass the referrer value into a custom variable and omit instances where the URL is internal.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I would highly advise against attempting to change the referrer or post_referrer value in data feeds. There could be quite a few potential issues that arise if you do.

Instead, I'd recommend either adjusting your query to the data feed to exclude internal domains, or pass the referrer value into a custom variable and omit instances where the URL is internal.