Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Internal URLS on Referrer Dimension

Level 8

Hello Everyone !

I have a question on the Referrer Dimension on the Adobe Analytics Workspace.
Should Internal URLS be present on this dimension ?
Internal URLs are the first type of referrers ( as "Other web sites").

I thought that internal urls were "filtered" by the DTM.

I could also just segment add an Internal Referrer segment and "not contain" my domain.

Thanks for the help,
Mario

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Its not really a switch, under the Link tracking dropdown, enter your own domain inside the 'Never Track' list. Image attached.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Mario,

Welcome to the Analytics Community!

If you have turned Internal URL Filters ON, you should not see them in the Referrer Dimension. DTM does not automatically exclude them but you have to set them ON in your property. 

Level 8

Hello,
I will look for this ON switch on the porperty options in the DTM.

Thanks a lot :) !

Correct answer by
Level 10

Its not really a switch, under the Link tracking dropdown, enter your own domain inside the 'Never Track' list. Image attached.

Level 8

Hello Tanmay,
Thanks again ! 
I will see this with the teams that use DTM.
I used to also control this part of the tracking , but now I just work on workspace !

I will continue to contribute to this forum, and also in the new forum since it seems taht we are all changing to a new forum.

I will sure have many more questions since it's a powerful tool ( the forum, and also Adobe Analytics :) ).

Cheers !
Mario

Level 10

Hi Mario, 

Yes we are migrating to a new forum by the end of this week, it should be a much better experience then. :) 

Community members would be happy to answer your questions and I highly encourage you to contribute with your knowledge where ever you can. 

-Tanmay

Level 3

Hi @TanMayM

When we add our own domain in the never Track section(DTM), will it stop showing our own domain in clickstream data too/only for AA UI?

Thanks,

Muthu