Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Importing multiple metrics via Data sources

Level 2

Hi All,

We are trying to import offline metrics in to Adobe Analytics via Data sources. Importing 3 metrics is working fine and we are able to view the metrics data in the reports. Similarly when we import 5 metrics, import status is showing successful but data is not showing up in the reports. Has anyone tried importing more than 3 metrics using data sources. Please let us know if you have any inputs on why the imported metrics might not be showing up in reports.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @rohinihm9448887 ,

Our Data Source template only allows users to add up to three dimensions & three metrics but once the template is generated, the users can add more dimensions & metrics. Once the data source upload is successful you will need to select the option of "Complete Processing" for the data to appear in the Analytics reports as shown below.

kainth_0-1597732831591.png

Another factor to consider here is the date for which you are uploading the data. It can take up to 17 hours based on the date for which you are uploading the data. For more information on the processing time, you can refer to the below documentation link.

Link: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/import/data-sources/datasrc-processing-time.html

In case if the issue persists even after trying the above suggestions then I would suggest you to report the issue to the Client Care team. So, that we can look further into the issue if needed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @rohinihm9448887 ,

Our Data Source template only allows users to add up to three dimensions & three metrics but once the template is generated, the users can add more dimensions & metrics. Once the data source upload is successful you will need to select the option of "Complete Processing" for the data to appear in the Analytics reports as shown below.

kainth_0-1597732831591.png

Another factor to consider here is the date for which you are uploading the data. It can take up to 17 hours based on the date for which you are uploading the data. For more information on the processing time, you can refer to the below documentation link.

Link: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/import/data-sources/datasrc-processing-time.html

In case if the issue persists even after trying the above suggestions then I would suggest you to report the issue to the Client Care team. So, that we can look further into the issue if needed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

Level 2

Hi @kainth,

Thank you for your help.

This worked and I am able to view the data after selecting the "Complete Processing" option.

What I still wonder is that how I was able to view data in the reports earlier when I had imported only 3 metrics and I had not chosen this option. I didn't get any information about "Complete Processing" option in the Data sources documentation. It would be great if you can let me know the link where I can find more information about this.

Level 4

When you upload Data Sources data, you are uploading the metrics that will be available in the report interface.For example, if you are uploading Call Center Revenue for products you sell on your site, you can have that Call Center Revenue in the same report as Online Revenue. However, you will not be able to use it in conjunction with Visits, because you didn't upload the number of Visits with it. Adobe can only report on the metrics and elements that you uploaded through Data Sources (in addition to the regular marketing report metrics).

Data Source UI allows upload of 3 dimensions and metric. However, you can add dimensions and metrics manually once the template is downloaded. Once the import is successful, please ensure following aspects are covered:

1. Corresponding dimensions and metrics are defined inside Report Suite Manager for a report suite.

2. Date_time information is added correctly.It is mandate column.

3. Ensure there is no serialization enabled for the custom event as there are changes of hits being discarded due to this.

Level 2

Hi @mesood 

Thank you for your inputs. I had considered above aspects. Selecting "Complete Processing" after the import resolved this issue.Now I am able to see the data in the reports.