Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

External Link and Download Link

Level 1

Hi All,

we have a web site with external links and documents that are on an external domain.

While we want to track external links we'd like to suppress documents links.

I know that AA tracks out of the box both external links and documents, so we tried to disable only documents (using s.trackDownloadLinks = false;).

The problem is that now document links are tracked as external links: I suppose it's happening because documents are on an external domain.

We cannot use linkExternalFilters because external links I mentioned before are on the same domain where we have these documents.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

You can write custom code by checking the domain name and document extension if the domain name is external and the extension is not .HTML then you can fire digitalLayer object from your code.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

You can write custom code by checking the domain name and document extension if the domain name is external and the extension is not .HTML then you can fire digitalLayer object from your code.