Expand my Community achievements bar.

Implementation of Adobe Mobile SDK (not AEP) using reactNative

Level 2

Do we have step by step installation guide and how to implement adobe mobile sdk using reactNative

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Also note that, Adobe is no longer supporting ACP iOS SDKs from August 31st 2023.

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 11.00.58 AM.png

https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/resources/sdks-end-of-support/

Level 9

Unfortunately, your options may be limited if you're trying to stay away from AEP. I recently went down this route and decided the best option was indeed to go with the AEP React Native Wrapper (despite the client not using any other part of AEP, or preparing to be on CJA); we had the developers send everything in XDM, then we used data prep to map into the appropriate analytics fields. It worked, though I won't say it was painless. 

Level 5

Hi @jaishal 

ACP is no longer supported, so you probably have no choice but to go with AEP Mobile SDK. But please note that AEP Mobile SDK React Native does not support Analytics extension, i.e. you have to use Edge and Datastream to send data to AA.

If you want to continue with the trackState/Action calls, you can use the Edge Bridge extension. Otherwise you can use the new sendEvent call to send XDM object to AA (this XDM schema just need the standard AA field group and/or eCommerce field group).

Thanks,

John

Level 2

Thanks John for the response. Do we have any documentation on Edge Bridge extension or how to implement sendEvent call to send XDM object to AA ? We are very new to Adobe analytics and just want to gather all knowledge before making any steps. Also will it better to use native framework and keep using Adobe Analytics with ACP instead?

Level 5

https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/solution/adobe-analytics/migrate-to-edge-network/

The above link have detailed information and comparison side-by-side on using sendEvent/XDM and using existing trackState/Action with Edge Bridge.

Don't think using ACP is still an option as it's no longer supported by Adobe.