Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Impact of ITP 2.2

Level 5

Since Erin Davis' article on the impact of ITP 2.1 on Adobe Analytics was posted to Medium (https://medium.com/adobetech/safari-itp-2-1-impact-on-adobe-experience-cloud-customers-9439cecb55ac), Apple has announced the upcoming ITP 2.2.

The biggest change looks to be Apple's cap of cookie persistence to one day, which is far lower than the 7 days under ITP 2.1. My understanding is that this is an attempt to go after the first-party cookies used by Facebook and Google as workarounds, but I wanted to make sure that my site's Adobe Analytics first-party cookie would still be OK (7 day cap notwithstanding). Additionally, will using something like the appendVisitorIDsTo function (appendVisitorIDsTo (Cross-Domain Tracking)) to connect visitors across different domains that I own increase the odds of Apple dropping my first-party cookie persistence to one day?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I'm also interested in what the impact of ITP 2.2 is. I beleive it got released on the 13th May as part of the ios 12.3

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 1

Also what's the impact on Adobe Target/Onsite Personalization assuming we are using segments from Analytics and Audience Manager?

Correct answer by
Level 4

I'm also interested in what the impact of ITP 2.2 is. I beleive it got released on the 13th May as part of the ios 12.3