Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Image beacon will be processed at Adobe server?

Level 5

Hi Team,

I firing image beacon using Ensighten built in method as shown below.

Bootstrapper.imageRequest("//met2.hp.com/b/ss/hphqglobal,hpi-hphqelite1.0/1/JS-1.4.4/s"+a+"?s.eVar81="+eVar81);

I am able to see the image beacon firing on the page as shown in the attachment, but I am not seeing the data in the workspace. Please reply asap.

sc_image_beacon.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hey Dinesh,

The syntax for s.eVar is incorrect. This type of variables should be passed to the collection server as "v" query string parameter.

Consider the following syntax instead:

Bootstrapper.imageRequest("//met2.hp.com/b/ss/hphqglobal,hpi-hphqelite1.0/1/JS-1.4.4/s"+a+ "?v81="+eVar81);

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

doesn't look bad, but it is sent to "met2.hp.com"

do you have cname enabled or anything to forward the request to adobe?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hey Dinesh,

The syntax for s.eVar is incorrect. This type of variables should be passed to the collection server as "v" query string parameter.

Consider the following syntax instead:

Bootstrapper.imageRequest("//met2.hp.com/b/ss/hphqglobal,hpi-hphqelite1.0/1/JS-1.4.4/s"+a+ "?v81="+eVar81);

Community Advisor

Thanks Andrey Osadchuk​ for pointing on the eVar, guess I stopped checking after the domain...

Level 5

Thank you @Andrey , its working now. I changed s.eVar81 to v81.

Level 5

Hi Andrey,

if we pass "#" in the products variable, after "#' values are getting truncated. See below example.

products = "abcd#uzzz";

Bootstrapper.imageRequest("//met2.hp.com/b/ss/hphqglobal,hpi-hphqelite1.0/1/JS-1.4.4/s"+a+ "?products="+products);

In the image beacon,we are seeing only values before #, nothing after #.

products = abcd.

Please help me here.