Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

If a user opens a link in a referrer website by right clicking and opening in a new tab, is that referral captured in referring domain report?

Level 3

I'm having trouble understanding the "Typed/Bookmarked" referring domain, in what situations is that referring domain captured? I'm looking for specific examples where that could happen. For instance, if a user opens a link in a referrer website by right clicking an opening it in a new tab, is the referrer URL still captured in the referring domain report? Or is it a possible instance of "Typed/Bookmarked"?

I read this thread How to interpret referring domains broken down under a tracking ID?  but I didn't fully understand what happens in the typed/bookmarked referring domain.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey Dear,

I got your question and you are looking for the exact reason behind the Typed/Bookedmarked data. Please read the below scenarios where the most of will flows under Typed/Bookedmarked  case.

• When we type our URL directly into their browser
  • When we book bookmarks our page on your site and references it on later (complete URL with query string)
  • Also, when the image request is not provided any referrer stuff (on the time of server call)
  • Mobile Devices without referring domains will also bucket under 'Typed/Bookmarked'.

So, read the first point adobe and you will get to know the answer for your question. Therefore, if the user open the link from the new tab or they hit the full URL from the browser. This both seems to be the same logic and it would come under in Typed/Bookmarked case.

Hope, this would helped you from your query.

Thank you,

Jay.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey Dear,

I got your question and you are looking for the exact reason behind the Typed/Bookedmarked data. Please read the below scenarios where the most of will flows under Typed/Bookedmarked  case.

• When we type our URL directly into their browser
  • When we book bookmarks our page on your site and references it on later (complete URL with query string)
  • Also, when the image request is not provided any referrer stuff (on the time of server call)
  • Mobile Devices without referring domains will also bucket under 'Typed/Bookmarked'.

So, read the first point adobe and you will get to know the answer for your question. Therefore, if the user open the link from the new tab or they hit the full URL from the browser. This both seems to be the same logic and it would come under in Typed/Bookmarked case.

Hope, this would helped you from your query.

Thank you,

Jay.

Level 3

Hey Jay,

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

But in this case wouldn't it show as"Direct" traffic in the Last Touch Channel? What makes it come under Last Touch Channel > referring domains > Typed/Bookmarked instead of just Last Touch Channel > Direct?

Thank you,

Inês

Level 4

Hey,

In direct channel it shows the data for Typed/Bookmarked (direct is called as Typed/Bookmarked and Rule Condition: Referrer does not exist). However, Referring domain report add the domain which was the source for your home site and we dont see the Typed/Bookmarked data over there. Moreover, its  all upon the condition which you are passing on the processing rule from marketing channel.

Thank you,

Jay.

Level 4

Hello,

Did you get chance to look this post, please do a reply.

Thank you,

Jay.