Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

I am trying to find cart abandonment with specific product in it. How to do this?

Level 6

I am trying to find cart abandonment with specific product in it. How to do this? For example how many visits or visitors has got that specific product in their cart at the time of abandonment. Unfortunately we don't have this tracked but trying to get using below mentioned segment. Will this work?.

cart aban.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Your current segment as it is won't work 100%. The reason is that you're using a Visit container that encompasses your Cart Additions and Product Name. That will match this scenario as well:

Hit 1: Added product X to cart. --> Cart Addition exists.

Hit 2: Viewed product "specific product name". --> Product View exists, Product Name contains any of "specific product name".

Hit 1 matches the "Cart Addition exists" condition and Hit 2 matches the "Product Name contains any of ..." condition. But the resulting data is not what you want: adding that specific product to cart.

So you need to nest your "Cart Addition exists" condition together with your "Product Name contains any of..." condition in the same Hit container.

Visit container:

- Cart ID exists

AND

Hit container:

- Cart Addition exists

AND

- Product Name contains any of ...

AND

(exclude)

Exit Cart Value equals 0

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I have not tried such a segment myself... my advice is to do a few test runs in a QA environment. Some that complete the checkout, and others that don't... keep track of what you did, then try applying this segment and see if the results are as expected.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Your current segment as it is won't work 100%. The reason is that you're using a Visit container that encompasses your Cart Additions and Product Name. That will match this scenario as well:

Hit 1: Added product X to cart. --> Cart Addition exists.

Hit 2: Viewed product "specific product name". --> Product View exists, Product Name contains any of "specific product name".

Hit 1 matches the "Cart Addition exists" condition and Hit 2 matches the "Product Name contains any of ..." condition. But the resulting data is not what you want: adding that specific product to cart.

So you need to nest your "Cart Addition exists" condition together with your "Product Name contains any of..." condition in the same Hit container.

Visit container:

- Cart ID exists

AND

Hit container:

- Cart Addition exists

AND

- Product Name contains any of ...

AND

(exclude)

Exit Cart Value equals 0

Level 1

Somewhat related to above. In Adobe Analytics it is complex to show conversion funnels or pathing looking at the same product.

For example: One can measure how many times product x was viewed on a product page, to then be viewed again at a shopping cart. But when you do not want to look at product X specifically, but you would just want to know if the product viewed on the product page, is the same product as when you are viewing the shopping cart, it becomes near to impossible.

In Amplitude, there is a feature that allows you to look at a conversion funnel where the product is 'constant'. (same product viewed on Product Page THEN Shopping Cart for example).

How do I request a similar feature for Adobe Analytics?

Level 6

Use Then sequence segment 

Prod view = xxx

Then

shopping cart

Then 

purchase.

Level 1

That will work for one product. But I would have to create this sequence thousands of times if I would want to know the same thing for all products.