Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Huge drop of traffic for Safari and Microsoft browsers on Mobile Device Type: other Desktop and for domains that have s.cookieDomainPeriods =3

Level 2

Since around 15 February there is a Huge drop of traffic for Safari and Microsoft Browsers on Mobile Device Type: "other" (Desktop) on domains that have s.cookieDomainPeriods: 3.

It also happened with Google - Chrome - but from around fisrt April, Chrome traffic is slowly resuming back to normal.

Is there some Safari and Microsoft update that Adobe should be considering? What could be the reason this is happening?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

What metrics are dropping exactly ? Is it all of them like you are missing all oft he data?

I believe cookieDomainPeriods tells to adobe where to drop the cookie in case your website your something like .co.uk and we do not wnat to drop the cookie on domain co.uk.

Do you have an example of website as well impacted.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

What metrics are dropping exactly ? Is it all of them like you are missing all oft he data?

I believe cookieDomainPeriods tells to adobe where to drop the cookie in case your website your something like .co.uk and we do not wnat to drop the cookie on domain co.uk.

Do you have an example of website as well impacted.

Level 2

Thanks so much Alexis,

All traffic along with all metrics dropped for Desktop except for Chrome browser. Adobe launch is correctly setting the s.cookieDomainPeriods 3 and also appears in the console for each domain.

For our domains that are like .com.au or .co.uk or .com.br for example. 

Below a graph where you can see the drop:

IsabelMayo_0-1651077342385.png

Let me know.